Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Note: Yes, this is really me. I've been on a long haitus. Life swamped me with responsibility. I'm still swamped but I've decided that the topic of this post is the way I can jump back in to the pool of writing again.

 NaNoWriMo.  WHAT????  What kind of baby talk is that? Oh, maybe it's another language. That's what I first thought several years ago when I heard about NaNoWriMo. A few of my friends participated. Then the next few years, they participated again.Me. I watched with wonder and felt unworthy for the task. I still do but I'm putting on the hip-waders and jumping in this year because--well--this year is different. It's not because I have any less responsibility weighing on my schedule but because I decided I'm tired of not pursuing my dreams and I'm just gonna go for it, no holds barred.

So... this year is the year. I am going to sign up for NaNoWriMo. Here's some info on it. http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/whatisnano

Who else is with me?

1 comment:

JoJo Tabares said...

Welcome back to the blog, Becky Joie. I'm afraid I won't be joining you on NaNoWriMo. I have several writing assignments, but none of them are novels. I have one due out tomorrow, one the end of Nov and one in Dec. Then I reallly get started. Just wish my fingers would wcooprerate.