Monday, January 26, 2009

Writers Groups and Writing

Every month I join my friends and writing colleagues at Clermont Christian Writers Group. Today was an exception. With sick children and their symptoms sneaking up in my own body, I was prevented from attending.
Writers groups are a wonderful way to stay motivated and accountable for achieving one's writing goals. Over the years, I've been involved in many, from the simple, show-up-and-read forums to those containing workshops with writing prompts and critique groups. Whatever type of group I attend, I look forward to the camaraderie of those who enjoy looking at the world through unique perspectives and capturing it with words of poetry, prose or any other stream of consciousness that is expressed in writing. Currently, I am involved in some online writing communities as well. All of these venues are rewarding as they provide not only fellowship but valuable input from others who may have skill or perspective different from my own.
Although absent from this month's meeting, the plan is to keep abreast of writing opportunities via the web and communication with other members. As well, I will write frequent blog posts on this and my other blogs.
It is important as writers to keep our goals in sight, remembering that being connected to other writers is vital.

1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

And we missed you being there!!